Suggestion/Bug Report - Do not update the color profile when updating brightness with global hotkeys

Moderator: alervd

Giow

Suggestion/Bug Report - Do not update the color profile when updating brightness with global hotkeys

Postby Giow » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:54 pm

Today I bought this app's key to use the global hotkeys feature, but as soon as I configured hotkeys to the actions of increasing and decreasing the brightness I found it to be unusable.

Every time I press a hotkey for brightness it also sets the red, green, and blue color settings, this causes my monitor to flick the screen and change the color profile to the values set in Free Monitor Manager. "But why don't you just set the color settings on your monitor to the same contrast and RGB in Free Monitor Manager ?" one might say, but I configured my monitor's color through its interface that has presets based on color temperature, and they look awesome and I couldn't replicate them by eye to contrast and RGB. So I must ask, why Free Monitor Manager updates the color profile when updating only the brightness when using the hotkeys? This is not the behavior when sliding the brightness level using the mouse, so why should that be when using hotkeys?
alervd
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion/Bug Report - Do not update the color profile when updating brightness with global hotkeys

Postby alervd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:16 am

Hello,
Thanks for the report!
I've made an investigation and confirm that this is a problem of Free Monitor Manager (which is caused by the buggy monitor driver as it seems).
FMM really tries to change RGB while it could not to.
I'll try to fix it as soon as I have time.
FMM team.
alervd
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion/Bug Report - Do not update the color profile when updating brightness with global hotkeys

Postby alervd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Please try this version and let me know if it works for you.
https://freemonitormanager.com/tmp/fmminst.exe
FMM team.
Giow

Postby Giow » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 pm

Working as intended! Thanks!
alervd
Site Admin

Postby alervd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:10 am

Released 3.3.90.
FMM team.

Return to “General forum”